Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dentists. Are they Satan's helpers?

Before we start off... let me say that I am not afraid of the dentist. I do not suffer from anxiety when I know I have to go. But it had been a LONG LONG time since the last time I went, mostly because I live by the motto "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Well, a couple weeks back, I had a filling that had been in my mouth probably since Junior High that fell out. So... now it was "broke", so I had to "fix it". I went to the dentist. Even though the missing filling wasn't causing me any pain... in fact, it felt fine, but since there was a very large hole in my tooth, I figured it couldn't be healthy to leave it that way.

So a little over a week ago, I went to the dentist the first time. They wanted to clean my teeth very well before fixing anything (since there wasn't any pain), so they cleaned my teeth and made a couple appointments to fix minor problems.

For the next week, for the first time probably in my life, and at the least, the first time in a couple of decades, I was having constant mouth pain. FROM A CLEANING!!!!

So yesterday I go back for my first "fixing" appointment. They filled the big hole. As I left, he told me "now, it might be sensative to cold for a little while, and that might cause some minor pain."

Let me translate that for you....

"HAHAHA, I have got you now. I have rendered your tooth where anything colder than 98.6 degrees entering your mouth will cause shooting pains to run wild through your entire body. And yes, young fool... that even means the very air you breathe in your airconditioned house will be your undoing!!!"

The first dentist?!?


Holy cow! How is it that these people have a license to do this kind of work? Why do we let them run rampart in our society?

I have another appointment on Thursday. Please pray for my soul.

3 comments:

James Blair said...

Dude.. I'm so disappointed in you. I thought I knew you better.

I would never have guessed that you of all people are an anti-dentite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythrdCsOFJU

Casey J Payne said...

This post simply reminds me that I got into the wrong career. Dentists know how to get paid.

Okay that's all.

James Blair said...

So, are you owning up to a deep desire to put your hands in Jason's mouth for money?